Department History

 

The City of Rialto was incorporated November 17, 1911. In 1939, the Police Department employed only two sworn officers. In 1945, the Police Department employed four sworn officers and serviced five square miles with a population of 3,000. In 1976, the Police Department serviced sixteen square miles with a population of 32,000. The new police facility was dedicated November 20, 1973. In 1973, the police facility housed less than half of the Department's current personnel. 

Today, the Department employs 142.5 total employees, 103 sworn and 39.5 non-sworn and services 28.5 square miles with a population over 100,000. The Rialto Police Department offers a variety of services and assignments to include Patrol, K-9, School Resource Officer (SRO), Street Crime Attack Team (SCAT), Investigations, Traffic, Narcotics, Training/Backgrounds, Community Services, and the Re-Entry Support Team. Additionally, we are part of a Four-City Regional SWAT team (Inland Valley SWAT) and Air-Support Unit.

 

For more information, please visit our Web Page or find us on Facebook.